Aug 31, 2009

POPPIES GALORE BAG with Organza Poppie Pin

When I first saw this gorgeous poppy cotton print by Robert Kaufman I knew it would make a striking bag. The flowers are oversized, probably near life-size and so pretty.

This is a new shape purse that I have been working on, no pleating but still darts along the bottom for expansion, than it slowly tapers up to the top of the band.

It is nice and soft but still very sturdy with added cotton batting and interfacing throughout.

Once the bag was complete I had to try to create a similar poppy look with red organza. It did come out pretty nice. A small covered button imitates the center of a poppy and added golden yellow beads add more realism.

I have sewn a pinback to the flower so it can be removed and worn on your lapel is so desired.

Now I need to see what else can use some of these fun fabric flowers.

Photographing red items is a real challenge. It is so hard to get them right. Reds start getting pink or yellow. Hopefully I have captured the essence of this beautiful fabric.

No comments: