Sep 10, 2009

Staging New Bags


We ventured over to Lockport IL today so I could shop at one of my favorite quilt shops - Thimbles. It's located on the main street in a very old building that still has its old charm.

The girls there are so helpful and interested in your projects. I did take a "show & tell" today - the poppy bag shown below, since I purchased the fabric at their store. It got oohs & aahs. I asked for more of the fabric and they only had a bit left, so I took it all.

I did find some great new cottons to work with. One of my best craft fairs is in three weeks so I really need to get in gear. Now I start pulling out my containers of trims, ribbons, purse handles and my idea file to see what I can create.

This combination of a large floral, diamonds, mini pom-poms and cording should make into a great tote - at least that is the plan!

I did come home with nine fabrics for new bags - fall colors, bright pink geometrics, large black & white floral and more.

So little time....

No comments: