Well, okay I am admitting that I am a bibliophile - a lover of books...especially how-to books and cozy mysteries. I am addicted to books....did you think, maybe something else? No, never had an addiction to anything illegal or immoral. I am pretty straight-laced and many probably think I am really boring, but I love books and information, how-to make something, how-to do something.
I keep our small library, which is only 1/2 mile away from my house in the country, pretty busy with inter-library loans. And I must say, the librarians always comment on the cool books that I get. I would get loads more if they were available through the large number of libraries in our system. Many times after getting a book on loan, I'll actually then go buy it. My shelves are unable to hold any more books for fear of collapsing.
Currently my pile of library books include:
- Girligami by Cindy Ng (absolutely adorable book!!)
- Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey (trying to beef up my blogging skills)
- Google Blogger for Dummies
- Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stepanie O'Dea (A Year of Crock Pot recipes)
- A Bit of Velvet & A Dash of Lace (the story behind Magnolia Pearl & Robin Brown)
- In This House by Angela Cartwright & Sarah Fishburn
- Stray Sock Sewing by Daniel (totally fabulous creatures from socks)
- Details by Brian D. Coleman (designing with architectural salvage)
- Altered Paper Jewelry by Jenn Mason
- Art Making by Lynne Perrella
- Creating Your Custom Kitchen by Tina Skinner
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon (cookbook challenging politically correct nutrition)
- 4 older issues of Somerset Studio
- Somerset Home
Okay, well that is my current pile of books which I could spend all day reading and not get anything else done. But fortunately, most of these books inspire me to get up and try something new or at least continue on with a current project, of which there are scads!!
Just in the last couple of days I have started a charm bracelet using several scrabble tile charms and loads of different bead combinations; a birthday present for my granddaughter which I decided will have to wait until another time (the directions are way too confusing); several new bag ideas floating around on the cutting table (really neat ideas!); plus figuring out how to improve my blogging style (with the help of two books on my list above).
And in between all that, I continue to slowly get new items listed in my three Etsy shops, tweet a bit, check out what's going on in our UWIB group and of course cook, eat, clean and sleep.
Well, so is the life of a how-to bibliophile. I didn't go into the cozy mysteries I enjoy. That's for another day.
Bye for now,